1. In less than a minute, tell us who you are and why we keep hearing good things about you?
I am a classically trainer Pilates instructor and have been teaching for thirteen years. As a teacher, I strive to show people how to move their bodies better. Moving better brings a sense of freedom and ease—two things we can all use a bit more of, especially these days.
2. What were the pivotal roadblocks and challenges you encountered along the way that helped you define your path?
Before becoming a Pilates instructor, I had a corporate career that was filled with ego, pressure, bad bosses, you name it. When I decided to leave that behind, I knew that I needed to find a new path that would never require me to endure that or create that awful experience for others.
3. Why did you choose this field? Who were your role models? And what pushed you to learn and become who you are?
Leaving corporate America gave me the ultimate freedom to re-create myself. I had no idea what I wanted to be, but I loved how Pilates made me feel—inside and out—and knew that I could offer it to others if I became a teacher, so I gave it a try. I am so lucky to have encountered many exceptional and gifted teachers and mentors along the way who have taken me under their wing. I remain a student for life. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a passion for excellence—that has never changed. I demand a lot from myself because I know I have more to give.
4. What is your legacy? Do you care about leaving a legacy?
I hope people will say that I positively impacted them in some way, helped them to feel better about themselves so they could pay it forward.
5. What can we all do right now to make this world a better place?
We are navigating such new waters—it’s complicated. Many people are afraid of saying the wrong thing and stepping on minefields. We don’t know what to do, but we can all be kind, compassionate, and patient and hold space for others.
6. In less than a minute, without sounding like a used car salesperson, tell us where to find you and what is the next big thing that everyone should be anticipating from you?
I prefer small things that are almost invisible on their own but together make a greater impact. I am one small part of a bigger puzzle. Right now, there is so much work to be done that I am just trying to put pieces in the puzzle, a little bit every day.
Warrior Flow Insiders is a series highlighting leaders and change agents in yoga, movement, mindfulness, mental health, social justice, and community outreach. Subscribe to Warrior Flow TV to receive future Insider profiles and other news from Warrior Flow TV. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Warrior Flow TV offers hundreds of classes including Vinyasa yoga, meditation, HIIT, Pilates, Barre, full-body workouts, Yin yoga, Restorative yoga, and much more, all for one low monthly or annual subscription fee. And a portion of every subscription supports The Warrior Flow Foundation. Click here to learn more.