Updated: Jun 24, 2020
1. In less than a minute, tell us who you are and why we keep hearing good things about you?
I am from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and I moved to the United States when I was 11 years old. Around when I was 15 years old my dad took me to a Bikram Yoga class and I became fascinated with Yoga. Been practicing off and on eversince and last year I spent 40 days in Rishikesh, India to get my Instructor degree. I also work as a Real Estate Consultant and live in North Beach for about a decade.
2. What were the pivotal roadblocks and challenges you encountered along the way that helped you define your path?
Some roadblocks and challenges I encountered along the way which helped me define my path was the uncertainty of wanting to become a teacher and managing my work in order to travel without any savings. I have a strong belief that we are in search of the truth, and that through conscious effort we will find happiness/bliss. No matter the cost or the amount of work.
3. Why did you choose this field? Who were your role models? And what pushed you to learn and become who you are?
I choose Yoga because I love to exercise while having a finer sensation of the body. I played soccer all my life til I moved to Miami and discovered Footvolley. I also love to surf, skate, bike, hike, pretty much all activities that challenge body movement and awareness. Practicing daily meditation for many years has helped me to balance the body & mind while remaining grounded. My role models are G.I. Gurdjieff, Osho, Kelly Slater and SadhGuru.
4. What is your legacy? Do you care about leaving a legacy?
I belong to a self realization Group known as The Work or the Fourth Way - a practical and sacred teaching of great scale with aims to produce people of a higher level of consciousness to be vessels for the evolutionary forces. One aspect of the work are the Movements which resonated with me since I was a kid and in their nature can represent some cosmic truth. About 5 years ago I became an instructor and I plan to continue to learn, practice and cultivate its essence for many generations to come.
5. What can we all do right now to make this world a better place?
Remember yourself and be grateful to the planet we live in. Respect nature and the higher laws.
6. In less than a minute, without sounding like a used car salesperson, tell us where to find you and what is the next big thing that everyone should be anticipating from you?
Warrior Flow Insiders is a series highlighting leaders and change agents in yoga, movement, mindfulness, mental health, social justice, and community outreach. Subscribe to Warrior Flow TV to receive future Insider profiles and other news from Warrior Flow TV. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Warrior Flow TV offers hundreds of classes including Vinyasa yoga, meditation, HIIT, Pilates, Barre, full-body workouts, Yin yoga, Restorative yoga, and much more, all for one low monthly or annual subscription fee. And a portion of every subscription supports The Warrior Flow Foundation. Click here to learn more.