1. Why should we care about the challenges of the underserved-underestimated populations?
We are all one; therefore, all populations should matter. We should strive to maintain a natural balance on our planet. Seeing such a big gap between people who are extremely wealthy and others living in precarious conditions feels inadequate. Lack of balance.
2. What experiences in your personal life have motivated you to pursue a more active role in helping others in your community?
Discovering recently that my sister has breast cancer has made me feel more compassionate toward others in general and also sparked a desire to share a healthier lifestyle in order to prevent disease. In Ayurveda, we believe that prevention from disease is essential, starting with what one takes in daily. Ingestion of foods, thoughts, and also impressions has a tremendous effect on our health.
3. Within your heart, shat is the area that you would like to help the most when you look at the different populations in your community and the big gaps among them?
I feel like what we need the most today is awakening a sense of community and giving back as opposed to taking and accumulating.
4. What can we all do to become more involved in our communities and make a better world?
I believe that each person can make a difference by doing voluntary work in their neighborhood. Keep the beach clean and find ways to give back by visiting shelters, teaching yoga or meditation to those who are in need but maybe cannot afford it, etc. Spread love wherever you can, judge less and do more for others without thinking of the result or expecting gratification.
5. What are the highlights of being part of The Warrior Flow Foundation as a facilitator? What were the aha moments if any that you went through during the week training?
It feels great to be among people who are doing conscious work to improve the community. Learning about the success stories and the appreciation we get from the people we connect with while being a facilitator are my biggest rewards.
6. Can you tell us where to find you online? And what are your next projects?
My newest project is teaching Stand Up Paddle Yoga at Sunset Harbour every Wednesday and Friday at 7:00 p.m. (1701 Sunset Harbour Drive, Miami). I have four Instagram accounts: aguabruno (personal); brunotheyogi (yoga); brunotherealtor (real estate); and enneagramawareness (meditation/movement). You can also find me on Facebook at Aguabruno and BrunotheRealtor.
The Warrior Flow Foundation Facilitators is a series highlighting leaders and change agents in yoga, movement, mindfulness, mental health, social justice, and community outreach. Subscribe to Warrior Flow TV to receive future news from us. Also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Warrior Flow TV offers hundreds of classes including Vinyasa yoga, meditation, HIIT, Pilates, Barre, full-body workouts, Yin yoga, Restorative yoga, and much more, all for one low monthly or annual subscription fee. And a portion of every subscription supports The Warrior Flow Foundation. Click here to learn more.